About the Dish:
Sinigang is a Filipino sour soup made with tamarind as the base flavor. It is a popular dish that is known for its tangy and refreshing taste. It is traditionally cooked with pork, shrimp, or beef, and it is often served with steamed rice. Sinigang is a comforting and hearty dish that is perfect for cold or rainy days.
|Pork ribs||1 kg|
|Tamarind paste||3 tablespoons|
|String beans, cut into 2-inch pieces||1 cup|
|Okra, halved||1 cup|
|Leafy greens (kangkong or spinach)||2 cups|
|Fish sauce||3 tablespoons|
- Step 1: In a large pot, combine the pork ribs, tamarind paste, and water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hour or until the pork is tender.
- Step 2: Add the onion and tomatoes to the pot. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Step 3: Add the radish, string beans, and okra. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Step 4: Stir in the leafy greens and cook for 2 minutes.
- Step 5: Season with fish sauce and salt to taste.
- Step 6: Serve hot with steamed rice.