About the Dish:
Ceviche is a popular Latin American dish made with raw fish or seafood marinated in citrus juices, typically lime or lemon juice. The acid in the citrus juice cooks the fish, turning it firm and opaque. The dish is often mixed with onions, chili peppers, tomatoes, and cilantro for added flavor. Ceviche is a refreshing and tangy dish that is perfect for hot summer days. It is commonly enjoyed as a starter or appetizer.
|Fresh fish or seafood||1 pound|
|Lime or lemon juice||1 cup|
- Step 1: Cut the fresh fish or seafood into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Step 2: In a bowl, combine the lime or lemon juice with salt. Add the fish or seafood and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes or until it becomes firm and opaque.
- Step 3: Finely chop the red onion, chili pepper, tomatoes, and cilantro.
- Step 4: Drain the marinated fish or seafood and mix it with the chopped ingredients.
- Step 5: Adjust the taste with salt if needed and refrigerate for another 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Step 6: Serve the ceviche chilled as an appetizer or starter.