About the Dish:
Beef Wellington is a classic British dish that consists of beef tenderloin steak coated with pâté and duxelles (a mixture of finely chopped mushrooms, onions, and herbs), wrapped in puff pastry and baked until golden and cooked to perfection. This elegant and flavorful dish is a favorite for special occasions and dinner parties. The combination of tender beef, rich pâté, earthy mushrooms, and buttery pastry creates a taste sensation that is sure to impress your guests.
|Pâté (pork or chicken liver)||200g|
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Season the beef tenderloin with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over high heat and sear the beef on all sides until browned. Remove from the skillet and let it cool.
- Step 2: In the same skillet, melt the butter and add the chopped mushrooms, onions, garlic, and thyme. Cook until the mushrooms release their moisture and the mixture becomes dry. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Step 3: Roll out the puff pastry on a floured surface. Spread a layer of pâté over the pastry, leaving a border. Place the cooled mushroom mixture on top of the pâté. Place the seared beef tenderloin on top of the mushroom mixture.
- Step 4: Wrap the puff pastry tightly around the beef, sealing the edges. Brush with beaten egg to glaze the pastry. Make a few slits on the top to allow steam to escape during baking.
- Step 5: Place the wrapped beef Wellington on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and the beef is cooked to your desired level of doneness.
- Step 6: Remove from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing. Serve the beef Wellington with a side of vegetables or a salad for a complete meal.