Pad See Ew
About the Dish:
Pad See Ew is a popular Thai dish made with wide rice noodles stir-fried in a savory soy sauce-based sauce. It is typically cooked with a choice of protein, such as chicken, beef, or shrimp, along with vegetables like Chinese broccoli, carrots, and mushrooms. This dish is known for its delicious smoky flavor, slightly sweet taste, and chewy texture from the noodles.
|Wide rice noodles||8 oz|
|Chicken breast, sliced||8 oz|
|Chinese broccoli, chopped||1 cup|
|Carrots, julienned||1/2 cup|
|Mushrooms, sliced||1/2 cup|
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Vegetable oil||2 tbsp|
|Soy sauce||3 tbsp|
|Oyster sauce||2 tbsp|
- Step 1: Cook the wide rice noodles according to package instructions, then rinse with cold water to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- Step 2: In a wok or large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Step 3: Add the sliced chicken breast to the wok and stir-fry until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the wok and set aside.
- Step 4: In the same wok, add the Chinese broccoli, carrots, and mushrooms. Stir-fry until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Step 5: Push the vegetables to one side of the wok and add the cooked noodles to the other side. Pour the soy sauce and oyster sauce over the noodles and gently toss to coat.
- Step 6: Return the cooked chicken to the wok and stir-fry everything together until well combined and heated through.
- Step 7: Sprinkle the sugar over the dish and continue to stir-fry for another minute.
- Step 8: Serve hot and enjoy!