- Marinate the chicken in red wine, onions, carrots, garlic, thyme, and bay leaves for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken pieces in batches and brown them on all sides.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add diced bacon to the pan and cook until crispy.
- Add onions, carrots, and garlic to the pan and cook until softened.
- Pour in the marinade and bring it to a simmer.
- Add chicken broth, tomato paste, and a bouquet garni (bundle of herbs tied with twine).
- Return the chicken to the pan and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Cover the pan and cook on low heat for about 1 hour or until the chicken is tender.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and strain the sauce.
- Discard the solids and return the sauce to the pan.
- Simmer the sauce until it thickens slightly.
- Place the chicken back into the pan and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the coq au vin hot with crusty bread or over mashed potatoes.
|Nutrition||Per 100g||Per Serving|
|Chicken (legs and thighs)||4 pieces|
|Bacon (thick-cut)||4 slices|
|Red wine (such as Pinot Noir)||1 Â½ cups|
|Chicken broth||1 Â½ cups|
|Thyme (fresh)||2 sprigs|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|All-purpose flour||2 tablespoons|
|Black pepper||To taste|
|Parsley (chopped, for garnish)||Optional|
Are you exhausted from gazing at your collection of ingredients, pondering the delectable dishes they could become? Your search ends here! Introducing our Recipe Generator, designed to ignite your culinary imagination and assist you in crafting delectable, palate-pleasing meals effortlessly.
Just input the ingredients available to you, and our innovative Recipe Creator will furnish you with a selection of delectable dishes that can be conjured. Alternatively, if you have a specific culinary creation in mind, provide the details, and our Recipe Generator will curate a catalog of essential ingredients required to actualize your vision.Try It Now