Bubble and Squeak
About the Dish:
Bubble and Squeak is a traditional British dish made from leftover vegetables, usually from a Sunday roast dinner. It is a delicious and hearty way to use up leftover vegetables and create a new dish. The name bubble and squeak comes from the noise the dish makes when it is cooked – the vegetables bubble and squeak in the pan.
|Leftover mashed potatoes||2 cups|
|Leftover cooked vegetables (such as cabbage, carrots, and peas)||1 cup|
- Step 1: In a large bowl, combine the leftover mashed potatoes and cooked vegetables. Mix well.
- Step 2: In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Add the flour, salt, and pepper to the beaten eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Step 3: Add the egg mixture to the potato and vegetable mixture. Stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Step 4: Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add a small amount of oil or butter to the pan.
- Step 5: Take a handful of the mixture and shape it into a patty. Place the patty in the frying pan. Repeat with the remaining mixture, adding more oil or butter to the pan as needed.
- Step 6: Cook the patties for about 5 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and crispy. Serve hot.