About Couscous Salad with Carrots and Beans
Couscous Salad with Carrots and Beans is a delicious and nutritious dish enjoyed in many regions around the world. It combines the flavors of fluffy couscous with the crunchiness of carrots and the creaminess of beans, resulting in a refreshing salad that is perfect for summer or as a light meal any time of the year.
Couscous, the main ingredient of this salad, is a traditional Berber dish that has been consumed for centuries in North Africa. It is made from semolina wheat, which is crushed and dried to form tiny granules resembling small beads. Couscous is incredibly versatile and is commonly used as a staple food in many Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisines.
Carrots and beans are popular additions to this couscous salad, adding vibrant colors and textures. Carrots are a rich source of vitamins and antioxidants, while beans provide a great source of plant-based protein and fiber. Combined with the couscous, these ingredients create a satisfying and wholesome dish.
- Cook 1 cup of couscous according to the package instructions. tt
- Once cooked, fluff the couscous with a fork and set aside to cool. t
- Peel and grate 2 large carrots. tt
- Rinse and drain 1 can of beans (such as chickpeas or black beans). tt
- Chop ½ red onion into small pieces. t
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooled couscous, grated carrots, drained beans, and chopped red onion. t
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 minced garlic clove, 1 teaspoon of ground cumin, 1 teaspoon of paprika, salt, and pepper to taste. tt
- Pour the dressing over the couscous mixture and toss well to combine. t
- Chop a handful of fresh parsley and mint leaves. tt
- Add the chopped herbs to the couscous salad and mix well. t
- Refrigerate the salad for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together. tt
- Before serving, taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. t
- Garnish with some additional fresh herbs if desired. tt
- Serve the couscous salad chilled and enjoy! t
|Carrots||2 cups, grated|
|Green beans||1 cup, chopped|
Are you exhausted from gazing at your collection of ingredients, pondering the delectable dishes they could become? Your search ends here! Introducing our Recipe Generator, designed to ignite your culinary imagination and assist you in crafting delectable, palate-pleasing meals effortlessly.
Just input the ingredients available to you, and our innovative Recipe Creator will furnish you with a selection of delectable dishes that can be conjured. Alternatively, if you have a specific culinary creation in mind, provide the details, and our Recipe Generator will curate a catalog of essential ingredients required to actualize your vision.Try It Now