About the Dish:
Peanut Stew is a delicious and hearty West African dish that is packed with flavor. It typically consists of a thick and creamy sauce made from ground peanuts, tomatoes, and spices. The stew is often enhanced with a variety of vegetables and protein, such as sweet potatoes, spinach, and chicken or beef.
|Chicken or Beef||1 pound|
|Sweet Potatoes||2 large|
|Peanut Butter||1/2 cup|
|Tomatoes||1 can (14 ounces)|
|Vegetable Stock||4 cups|
|Red Pepper Flakes||1 teaspoon|
|Black Pepper||to taste|
|Olive Oil||2 tablespoons|
- Step 1: In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add diced onion, minced garlic, and grated ginger. Sauté until onions are soft and translucent.
- Step 2: Add the chicken or beef to the pot and cook until browned on all sides. If using chicken, make sure it is fully cooked through. If using beef, cook until desired doneness.
- Step 3: Add the sweet potatoes, peanut butter, tomatoes, vegetable stock, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper to the pot. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Step 4: Bring the stew to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover the pot and let it cook for about 30 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Step 5: Stir in the spinach and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until wilted.
- Step 6: Taste the stew and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Step 7: Serve the peanut stew hot with rice or bread.