About the Dish:
Butter chicken, also known as Murgh Makhani, is a popular Indian dish. It is a creamy and flavorful chicken curry that is made with marinated and grilled chicken pieces cooked in a rich buttery tomato sauce. The dish originated in the Punjab region of India and has since become a beloved dish around the world. The chicken is tender and juicy, and the sauce is rich and creamy with a perfect balance of spices. It is usually served with naan or rice.
|Ginger||2 tablespoons (minced)|
|Garlic||2 tablespoons (minced)|
|Garam Masala||1 tablespoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Cumin Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Cayenne Pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
|Tomato Puree||1 cup|
|Heavy Cream||1/2 cup|
|Fresh Coriander||2 tablespoons (chopped)|
- Step 1: In a bowl, combine yogurt, ginger, garlic, garam masala, turmeric powder, cumin powder, cayenne pepper, and salt. Mix well.
- Step 2: Add chicken pieces to the marinade and mix until well coated. Marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour, or overnight for best results.
- Step 3: Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the marinated chicken until cooked through and slightly charred, about 10-12 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Step 4: In a large pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add tomato puree and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 5: Reduce heat to low and add heavy cream. Stir well to combine.
- Step 6: Add the grilled chicken to the sauce and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked and the flavors have melded together.
- Step 7: Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot with naan or rice.