About the Dish:
Lahmacun is a traditional Turkish dish often referred to as Turkish pizza. It is a thin and crispy dough topped with a flavorful minced meat mixture and baked to perfection. The meat mixture is made with ground lamb or beef, onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, garlic, and a blend of spices such as cumin, paprika, and chili powder. The dough is usually made with flour, water, yeast, and salt, and rolled out thinly before adding the meat mixture. Lahmacun is typically served with fresh parsley, lemon slices, and a drizzle of olive oil.
|Ground lamb or beef||500g|
|Onions, finely chopped||2|
|Tomatoes, finely chopped||2|
|Bell peppers, finely chopped||2|
|Garlic cloves, minced||4|
|Chili powder||1 tsp|
- Step 1: In a large bowl, combine the ground lamb or beef, finely chopped onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, minced garlic, cumin, paprika, and chili powder. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Step 2: In a separate bowl, mix the flour, yeast, and salt. Gradually add water and knead the dough until it becomes smooth and elastic. Let the dough rest for about 1 hour to allow it to rise.
- Step 3: Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C). Divide the dough into small portions and roll each portion into a thin circle. Spread a thin layer of the meat mixture on top of each dough circle, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Step 4: Place the lahmacun onto a baking sheet or a pizza stone and bake in the preheated oven for about 8-10 minutes, or until the edges of the dough are golden brown and crispy.
- Step 5: Remove the lahmacun from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Serve hot with fresh parsley, lemon slices, and a drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!