About the Dish:
Carbonara is a classic Italian pasta dish that originated in Rome. It is made with simple ingredients such as eggs, cheese, bacon or pancetta, and black pepper. The dish is known for its creamy and rich sauce, which is created by combining the eggs and cheese with the heat of the pasta. This recipe is a traditional version of carbonara and is perfect for pasta lovers who enjoy a flavorful and comforting dish.
|Parmesan cheese||1/2 cup|
|Black pepper||To taste|
- Step 1: Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Step 2: In a separate pan, cook the pancetta until crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Step 3: In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, grated Parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper.
- Step 4: Add the cooked spaghetti to the pan with the pancetta and toss to combine.
- Step 5: Remove the pan from the heat and quickly pour in the egg mixture, stirring continuously to create a creamy sauce.
- Step 6: Serve the carbonara immediately, garnished with additional grated Parmesan cheese and black pepper.