About the Dish:
Pad Thai is a popular Thai dish made with stir-fried rice noodles, shrimp, tofu, eggs, and a combination of sweet and sour flavors. It is typically garnished with peanuts, lime wedges, and cilantro. Pad Thai can be enjoyed as a main course or as a side dish.
|Rice noodles||8 oz|
|Soy sauce||2 tbsp|
|Tamarind paste||1 tbsp|
|Bean sprouts||1 cup|
- Step 1: Soak the rice noodles in warm water for about 15 minutes until they are soft. Drain and set aside.
- Step 2: Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook until they are pink and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Step 3: In the same skillet, add the tofu and cook until browned. Remove and set aside.
- Step 4: In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, tamarind paste, and sugar. Set aside.
- Step 5: Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Add the cooked shrimp, tofu, and rice noodles to the skillet.
- Step 6: Pour the sauce mixture over the ingredients in the skillet and toss to coat.
- Step 7: Push the ingredients to one side of the skillet and crack the eggs into the other side. Cook until the eggs are scrambled.
- Step 8: Add the bean sprouts and green onions to the skillet and toss to combine.
- Step 9: Serve hot, garnished with peanuts and lime wedges.