Chicken Pot Pie
About the Dish:
Chicken Pot Pie is a classic comfort food dish that features a creamy chicken and vegetable filling encased in a flaky pie crust. This dish is hearty, satisfying, and perfect for cozy family dinners or potluck gatherings. The filling is made with tender chicken, carrots, peas, and onions cooked in a rich and creamy sauce. The pie crust adds a buttery and crispy texture to the dish, making every bite a delight.
|Chicken Breast||2 cups, cooked and shredded|
|Carrots||1 cup, diced|
|Onion||1/2 cup, diced|
|All-Purpose Flour||1/4 cup|
|Chicken Broth||2 cups|
|Black Pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Pie Crust||2 sheets|
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook until it becomes translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the diced carrots and cook for another 5 minutes, until they start to soften.
- Step 2: Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir well to coat. Cook for 1 minute to remove the raw flour taste. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and milk, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Step 3: Stir in the cooked and shredded chicken, peas, salt, and black pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes to heat everything through. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Remove from heat.
- Step 4: Roll out one sheet of pie crust and place it in the bottom of a pie dish. Pour the chicken and vegetable filling into the dish. Roll out the second sheet of pie crust and place it on top of the filling. Press the edges together to seal and crimp the edges with a fork or your fingers.
- Step 5: Make a few small slits on the top crust to allow steam to escape. Place the pot pie on a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Step 6: Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy the delicious and comforting Chicken Pot Pie!