About the Dish:
Gyudon is a popular Japanese dish consisting of thinly sliced beef that is simmered in a sweet and savory sauce and served over a bowl of steamed rice. It is a quick and easy dish that can be made in just minutes, making it a perfect option for a satisfying weeknight dinner.
|Thinly sliced beef||250g|
|Soy sauce||3 tablespoons|
- Step 1: Thinly slice the beef and onion. Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Step 2: Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add the beef slices. Cook until the beef starts to brown.
- Step 3: Add the sliced onion to the pan and cook until it becomes translucent.
- Step 4: In a separate bowl, mix together soy sauce, mirin, sake, and sugar to make the sauce.
- Step 5: Pour the sauce into the pan with the beef and onions. Stir everything together and let it simmer for a few minutes until the flavors meld together.
- Step 6: Serve the gyudon over a bowl of steamed rice and garnish with sliced spring onions.