About the Dish:
Pad Thai is a famous Thai dish that is made with stir-fried rice noodles, eggs, tofu, shrimp, and a flavorful sauce. It is a balance of sweet, tangy, and spicy flavors that make it a staple street food in Thailand. The dish is often garnished with crushed peanuts, bean sprouts, and lime wedges to add texture and freshness. Pad Thai is a versatile dish that can be customized with different proteins and vegetables. It is quick and easy to make, making it a perfect weeknight dinner.
|Rice noodles||8 oz|
|Peanuts (crushed)||1/4 cup|
|Bean sprouts||1 cup|
- Step 1: Cook the rice noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Step 2: In a large wok or frying pan, heat some oil over medium heat. Add the tofu and cook until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Step 3: In the same pan, add the shrimp and cook until pink and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Step 4: Push the ingredients to one side of the pan and crack the eggs into the other side. Scramble the eggs until cooked, then mix them with the other ingredients.
- Step 5: Add the cooked rice noodles to the pan and pour the sauce over. Stir to combine and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Step 6: Serve the Pad Thai hot, garnished with crushed peanuts, bean sprouts, and lime wedges.