About the Dish:
Pad Thai is a popular Thai stir-fried noodle dish that is both delicious and easy to make. It is made with rice noodles, tofu or shrimp, eggs, and a tangy sauce made from tamarind pulp, fish sauce, and palm sugar. The dish is typically garnished with crushed peanuts, lime wedges, and fresh cilantro, adding a wonderful depth of flavor and texture.This Pad Thai recipe yields a sweet, savory, and slightly sour flavor profile that is sure to impress. It can be customized to your taste preferences by adjusting the amount of sauce, adding more or less spice, or incorporating additional vegetables or protein. The dish is best enjoyed fresh, straight from the wok, and is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a gathering with friends.Pad Thai is a crowd-pleaser that will transport your taste buds to the vibrant streets of Thailand. Give it a try and experience the deliciousness and complexity of this classic Thai dish!
|Rice Noodles||8 oz|
|Tofu or Shrimp||1 cup|
|Tamarind Pulp||2 tbsp|
|Fish Sauce||3 tbsp|
|Palm Sugar||2 tbsp|
|Crushed Peanuts||1/4 cup|
- Step 1: Soak the rice noodles in warm water for about 15-20 minutes, until they are pliable but still slightly firm. Drain the noodles and set aside.
- Step 2: Heat a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add a tablespoon of oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- Step 3: If using tofu, cut it into small cubes and pat dry. If using shrimp, peel and devein them. Add the tofu or shrimp to the pan and cook until they are lightly browned and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Step 4: In the same pan, add another tablespoon of oil. Crack the eggs into the pan and scramble them until they are fully cooked. Push the eggs to one side of the pan.
- Step 5: Add the drained noodles to the pan and toss them together with the eggs. Cook for about 2 minutes, until the noodles are heated through.
- Step 6: In a small bowl, whisk together the tamarind pulp, fish sauce, and palm sugar until well combined. Add the sauce to the pan and stir fry the noodles and eggs until they are evenly coated with the sauce.
- Step 7: If desired, squeeze the juice of one lime over the noodles and toss to combine. This adds a tangy freshness to the dish.
- Step 8: Serve the Pad Thai garnished with chopped cilantro and crushed peanuts. Additional lime wedges can be served on the side for individual preference.