About the Dish:
Pad Thai is a popular Thai stir-fried noodle dish that is typically made with rice noodles, shrimp, tofu, eggs, and a flavorful sauce. It is a delicious and satisfying dish that combines sweet, sour, and savory flavors. The rice noodles are stir-fried with shrimp, tofu, and eggs, and then tossed with a tangy sauce made from tamarind paste, fish sauce, sugar, and lime juice. The dish is traditionally garnished with peanuts, bean sprouts, and lime wedges. Pad Thai is a versatile and customizable dish, and you can add additional ingredients such as chicken, pork, or vegetables to suit your taste.
|Rice noodles||8 oz|
|Tamarind paste||2 tbsp|
|Fish sauce||3 tbsp|
|Lime juice||1 tbsp|
|Bean sprouts||1 cup|
- Step 1: Soak the rice noodles in warm water for about 15 minutes, or until they are soft and pliable. Drain the noodles and set aside.
- Step 2: Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add a tablespoon of oil and swirl it around to coat the pan.
- Step 3: Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until they are pink and cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Step 4: In the same pan, add another tablespoon of oil and the tofu. Cook the tofu for 5-7 minutes, or until it is golden brown and crispy. Remove the tofu from the pan and set aside.
- Step 5: In a small bowl, whisk together the tamarind paste, fish sauce, sugar, and lime juice to make the sauce.
- Step 6: In the same pan, add the drained noodles and the sauce. Toss the noodles with the sauce until they are well coated.
- Step 7: Push the noodles to one side of the pan and crack the eggs into the other side. Scramble the eggs until they are cooked through, and then mix them with the noodles.
- Step 8: Add the cooked shrimp and tofu back to the pan. Toss everything together until it is well combined.
- Step 9: Serve the pad Thai hot, garnished with peanuts, bean sprouts, and lime wedges.