Grilled Lime Chicken
About the Dish:
Grilled Lime Chicken is a flavorful and juicy chicken dish marinated in a tangy lime and herb sauce. The citrusy marinade tenderizes the chicken while infusing it with bright and refreshing flavors. This dish is perfect for outdoor grilling and can be enjoyed as a main course or added to salads and sandwiches for a burst of zesty goodness. With its vibrant taste and easy preparation, Grilled Lime Chicken is sure to become a favorite in your summer grilling repertoire.
|Lime juice||1/4 cup|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Garlic cloves, minced||3|
|Fresh cilantro, chopped||1/4 cup|
|Black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
- Step 1: In a mixing bowl, combine the lime juice, olive oil, minced garlic, chopped cilantro, salt, and black pepper. Stir well to mix the marinade.
- Step 2: Place the chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over them. Seal the bag, making sure to remove any excess air. Massage the bag to evenly distribute the marinade and coat the chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or overnight for maximum flavor.
- Step 3: Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade, allowing any excess to drip off, and discard the remaining marinade.
- Step 4: Place the chicken breasts on the preheated grill and cook for 6-8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C). The chicken should be slightly charred on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside.
- Step 5: Remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in a moist and flavorful chicken.