About the Dish:
Enchiladas Suizas is a traditional Mexican dish that consists of rolled tortillas filled with chicken, topped with a creamy green sauce, and baked until golden and bubbly. The name Suizas means Swiss in Spanish, and the dish gets its name from the use of Swiss cheese in the sauce. The combination of tender chicken, tangy green sauce, and melted cheese makes Enchiladas Suizas a favorite among Mexican food lovers.
|2 cups cooked shredded chicken|
|1 cup Swiss cheese, grated|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
|1/4 cup chopped cilantro|
|1 can (7 oz) green salsa|
|1/2 cup chicken broth|
|1/2 teaspoon cumin|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
- Step 1: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked shredded chicken, Swiss cheese, sour cream, and chopped cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 2: In a separate bowl, whisk together the green salsa, chicken broth, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 3: Grease a baking dish with cooking spray. Place about 1/4 cup of the chicken filling onto each tortilla and roll them up tightly. Place the rolled enchiladas seam side down in the baking dish.
- Step 4: Pour the green salsa mixture over the rolled enchiladas, making sure to evenly distribute the sauce. Sprinkle additional grated Swiss cheese on top if desired.
- Step 5: Bake the enchiladas in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Step 6: Remove the enchiladas from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped cilantro if desired. Serve hot and enjoy!