About Molasses Baked Beans
- Soak 2 cups of dried navy beans in water overnight.
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- In a large pot, add the soaked beans and cover with fresh water.
- Bring the beans to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour or until the beans are tender.
- Drain the beans and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large baking dish, combine the cooked navy beans and 1 cup of molasses.
- Add 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar, 1/4 cup of ketchup, and 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard.
- Stir well to combine.
- Add 1 diced onion, 4 cloves of minced garlic, and 4 slices of cooked and chopped bacon to the bean mixture.
- Season with 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- Stir until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until the beans are thick and syrupy.
- Let the molasses baked beans cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Enjoy as a side dish or accompaniment to grilled meats!
|Canned baked beans||4 cans (15 ounces each)|
|Brown sugar||1/4 cup|
|Dijon mustard||2 tablespoons|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 tablespoons|
|Onion powder||2 teaspoons|
|Garlic powder||1 teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
|Bacon||6 slices, cooked and crumbled|
Are you exhausted from gazing at your collection of ingredients, pondering the delectable dishes they could become? Your search ends here! Introducing our Recipe Generator, designed to ignite your culinary imagination and assist you in crafting delectable, palate-pleasing meals effortlessly.
Just input the ingredients available to you, and our innovative Recipe Creator will furnish you with a selection of delectable dishes that can be conjured. Alternatively, if you have a specific culinary creation in mind, provide the details, and our Recipe Generator will curate a catalog of essential ingredients required to actualize your vision.Try It Now