About the Dish:
Beef Stroganoff is a classic Russian dish made with tender beef, onions, mushrooms, and a creamy sour cream sauce. It is typically served over egg noodles or rice and is a comforting and hearty meal. The beef is cooked until it is melt-in-your-mouth tender and is complemented perfectly by the rich and flavorful sauce. This recipe is easy to make and is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
|Sour Cream||1 cup|
|Beef Broth||1 cup|
|Black Pepper||to taste|
- Step 1: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter and cook until melted. Add the onions and mushrooms to the skillet and cook until they are softened and golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Remove the onions and mushrooms from the skillet and set aside.
- Step 2: In the same skillet, add the beef and cook until it is browned on all sides. Sprinkle the flour over the beef and stir to coat. Cook for an additional 2 minutes to cook out the raw flour taste.
- Step 3: Slowly add the beef broth to the skillet, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Step 4: Stir in the sour cream and cooked onions and mushrooms. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the sauce is heated through.
- Step 5: Serve the beef stroganoff over egg noodles or rice and garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.