Chicken Parmesan with Tomato Pasta and Olive Garnish is a classic Italian-American dish that combines breaded chicken cutlets with tomato sauce and melted cheese. The dish originates from Italy, where it is known as Pollo alla Parmigiana. It is believed to have been created in the southern region of Italy and later gained popularity in the United States through Italian immigrants.
Chicken Parmesan typically consists of chicken breasts that are breaded, fried until golden and crispy, and then topped with tomato sauce and a mixture of melted cheeses such as mozzarella and Parmesan. The tomato sauce used in this dish is often made with crushed tomatoes, garlic, and various herbs and spices to enhance the flavor. The chicken is then baked in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Tomato pasta, usually spaghetti or penne, is commonly served alongside Chicken Parmesan. The pasta is cooked al dente and tossed in a flavorful tomato sauce that complements the chicken. To add a touch of freshness and contrasting flavors, an olive garnish is often sprinkled over the dish. The olives can vary in type, including green or black olives, and provide a slightly tangy and salty element to balance the richness of the chicken and pasta.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, black pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Dredge each seasoned chicken breast in flour.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the floured chicken breasts and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and set them aside on a baking dish.
- In the same skillet, add garlic and cook for a minute.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and bring it to a simmer.
- Add salt, sugar, dried basil, and dried oregano. Stir well.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the tomato sauce simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grate the mozzarella cheese and chop the fresh basil leaves.
- Spoon the tomato sauce over the cooked chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese and chopped basil leaves on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese melts and turns golden brown.
- While the chicken is baking, cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain the cooked pasta and toss it with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Plate the chicken parmesan alongside the tomato pasta.
- Garnish with sliced olives.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
|Bread crumbs||1 cup|
|Grated Parmesan cheese||1/2 cup|
|Tomato sauce||2 cups|
|Olive oil||2 tbsp|
|Black olives||1/2 cup|
Are you exhausted from gazing at your collection of ingredients, pondering the delectable dishes they could become? Your search ends here! Introducing our Recipe Generator, designed to ignite your culinary imagination and assist you in crafting delectable, palate-pleasing meals effortlessly.
Just input the ingredients available to you, and our innovative Recipe Creator will furnish you with a selection of delectable dishes that can be conjured. Alternatively, if you have a specific culinary creation in mind, provide the details, and our Recipe Generator will curate a catalog of essential ingredients required to actualize your vision.Try It Now