About the Dish:
Jollof Rice is a popular West African dish that is known for its flavorful rice cooked in a tomato-based sauce. It is a staple in many Nigerian and Ghanaian households and is often served with fried plantains, salad, and protein. The dish has a rich and hearty taste that is both satisfying and comforting.
|Red Bell Pepper||1|
|Chicken or Beef Stock||4 cups|
|Vegetable Oil||4 tablespoons|
|Ginger||1 thumb-sized piece|
- Step 1: Rinse the rice with cold water until the water runs clear. Set aside.
- Step 2: Blend the tomatoes, onion, red bell pepper, garlic, and ginger to form a smooth paste.
- Step 3: Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the blended tomato mixture and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 4: Add the chicken or beef stock to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Step 5: Add the rice, seasoning cubes, bay leaves, and salt to the pot. Stir well to combine.
- Step 6: Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let the rice simmer for about 25-30 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Step 7: Remove the bay leaves and fluff the rice with a fork before serving.