About Ginger and Soy Sauce Marinated Pork Belly
Ginger and soy sauce marinated pork belly is a dish that originates from East Asia, particularly China, Japan, and Korea. Pork belly, which comes from the underside of a pig, is a flavorful and fatty cut of meat that is often used in these cuisines. The dish is known for its tender and juicy texture, as well as its rich umami flavor.
The marinade for ginger and soy sauce marinated pork belly typically consists of soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sugar, and sometimes other seasonings such as sesame oil or rice wine. The pork belly is marinated in this mixture for several hours or overnight to allow the flavors to infuse into the meat. It is then cooked by grilling, pan-frying, or roasting until it develops a caramelized and crispy exterior while remaining succulent on the inside.
- Prepare the marinade by combining 1/4 cup of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of grated ginger, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, and 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Whisk the marinade ingredients together until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Place the pork belly in a shallow dish or a ziplock bag.
- Pour the marinade over the pork belly, ensuring it is completely covered.
- Massage the marinade into the meat for a few minutes to ensure it is well coated.
- Seal the dish or bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Remove the pork belly from the marinade, allowing any excess marinade to drip off.
- Place the pork belly on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Roast the pork belly in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C).
- Check the pork belly occasionally and brush it with the marinade every 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the pork belly from the oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice the pork belly into thin strips or bite-sized pieces.
- Serve the ginger and soy sauce marinated pork belly hot.
- Garnish with chopped green onions or sesame seeds, if desired.
|Soy Sauce||4 tablespoons|
|Marinated Pork Belly||1 pound|
Are you exhausted from gazing at your collection of ingredients, pondering the delectable dishes they could become? Your search ends here! Introducing our Recipe Generator, designed to ignite your culinary imagination and assist you in crafting delectable, palate-pleasing meals effortlessly.
Just input the ingredients available to you, and our innovative Recipe Creator will furnish you with a selection of delectable dishes that can be conjured. Alternatively, if you have a specific culinary creation in mind, provide the details, and our Recipe Generator will curate a catalog of essential ingredients required to actualize your vision.Try It Now