About the Dish:
Tortilla Española, also known as Spanish omelette, is a classic Spanish dish made with potatoes and eggs. It is a popular tapas dish and can be served as an appetizer or a main course. The dish is known for its simple ingredients and delicious flavors. The potatoes are cooked until tender and then mixed with beaten eggs, creating a hearty and satisfying dish. The tortilla is typically cooked in a skillet until it is golden brown and set. It can be served warm or at room temperature and is often accompanied by a side of aioli or tomato sauce. Tortilla Española is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed any time of day, whether for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
|Olive oil||4 tablespoons|
|Black pepper||To taste|
- Step 1: Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices. Slice the onion as well.
- Step 2: Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes and onion to the skillet and cook until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Step 3: In a large bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt and black pepper. Add the cooked potatoes and onion to the eggs and gently mix to combine.
- Step 4: Heat a little more olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Pour the egg and potato mixture into the skillet, spreading it evenly.
- Step 5: Cook the tortilla for about 5 minutes on one side, or until it is golden brown and set. Flip the tortilla using a plate or lid, and cook for an additional 5 minutes on the other side.
- Step 6: Remove the tortilla from the skillet and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Step 7: Cut the tortilla into wedges or squares and serve warm or at room temperature.