About the Dish:
Tortilla Española, also known as Spanish omelette, is a classic Spanish dish made with eggs, potatoes, and onions. It is a popular tapas dish and can be enjoyed as a main course or as a side dish. The dish is simple yet flavorful, with the potatoes and onions providing a hearty base and the eggs adding richness and texture. It is often served with bread and paired with a variety of toppings or sauces.
- Step 1: Peel and thinly slice the potatoes and onion.
- Step 2: Heat olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the potatoes and onions and cook until they are tender and slightly golden, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Step 3: In a large bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt. Add the cooked potatoes and onion to the bowl and mix well.
- Step 4: Heat a little more olive oil in the same pan over medium heat. Pour the egg and potato mixture into the pan and spread it evenly.
- Step 5: Cook the tortilla for about 5 minutes, or until the edges start to set. Then, flip the tortilla using a large plate or lid to cover the pan, and cook for another 5 minutes, or until it is fully set and golden brown.
- Step 6: Remove the tortilla from the pan and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing it into wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature.