About the Dish:
Tortilla Española, also known as Spanish omelette, is a traditional Spanish dish made with eggs, potatoes, and onions. It is a popular tapas dish and is often served as a main course or in sandwiches. The dish is known for its versatility and can be enjoyed hot or cold.
|Olive Oil||1/2 cup|
- Step 1: Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices. Slice the onion as well.
- Step 2: Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes and onions to the skillet and cook until the potatoes are tender but not browned, stirring occasionally. This should take about 10-15 minutes.
- Step 3: Drain the potatoes and onions using a colander to remove excess oil. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt. Add the drained potatoes and onions to the beaten eggs and mix well.
- Step 4: Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Pour the egg, potato, and onion mixture into the skillet and spread it evenly with a spatula. Cook until the bottom is set and golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Step 5: Using a large plate, carefully flip the tortilla onto the plate, cooked side up. Slide the tortilla back into the skillet, uncooked side down. Cook for another 4-5 minutes or until the tortilla is set and golden brown.
- Step 6: Remove the tortilla from the skillet and let it cool slightly before serving. Cut into wedges or squares and serve hot or at room temperature.