Slow-cooked BBQ Pulled Pork
About the Dish:
Slow-cooked BBQ pulled pork is a delicious and flavorful dish made from tender and juicy pork shoulder that has been slow-cooked and then shredded. The pork is coated in a tangy and smoky barbecue sauce, making it perfect for sandwiches, tacos, or as a topping for baked potatoes.
|Pork shoulder||4 pounds|
|BBQ sauce||2 cups|
|Apple cider vinegar||1/4 cup|
|Brown sugar||1/4 cup|
|Garlic powder||1 tablespoon|
|Onion powder||1 tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 325°F (163°C). Rub the pork shoulder with the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Step 2: In a slow cooker, mix together the BBQ sauce, apple cider vinegar, and brown sugar. Place the seasoned pork shoulder into the slow cooker and coat it with the sauce mixture.
- Step 3: Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until the pork is tender and easily shreds with a fork.
- Step 4: Remove the pork shoulder from the slow cooker and shred it using two forks. Place the shredded pork back into the slow cooker and mix it with the BBQ sauce mixture.
- Step 5: Let the pork cook on low for an additional 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Step 6: Serve the slow-cooked BBQ pulled pork on buns or as desired.