About the Dish:
Enchiladas are a popular Mexican dish made with tortillas that are filled, rolled, and covered with chili sauce. They are typically filled with a variety of ingredients such as meat, cheese, beans, or vegetables, and are then topped with more sauce and cheese before being baked until bubbly and golden. Enchiladas are a comforting and flavorful dish that can be customized to suit individual tastes.
|Chicken||2 cups, cooked and shredded|
|Enchilada sauce||2 cups|
|Cheddar cheese||1 cup, shredded|
|Black beans||1 cup, rinsed and drained|
|Green onions||1/2 cup, chopped|
|Olives||1/2 cup, sliced|
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, black beans, green onions, and olives.
- Step 2: Warm the tortillas in the oven or microwave until pliable. Spoon a generous amount of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla and roll tightly. Place the rolled enchiladas seam side down in a greased baking dish.
- Step 3: Pour the enchilada sauce over the rolled enchiladas, ensuring they are completely covered. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Step 4: Bake the enchiladas in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Step 5: Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with additional green onions and olives if desired. Enjoy!