About the Dish:
Paella is a traditional Spanish dish that originated in the Valencia region. It is a rice dish made with various ingredients such as saffron, meat (chicken, rabbit, or seafood), vegetables, and spices. Paella is known for its vibrant colors and rich flavors. It is often cooked in a large shallow pan called a paellera and served as a communal dish.
|Chicken broth||4 cups|
|Olive oil||3 tbsp|
- Step 1: Heat olive oil in a paellera (or a large shallow pan) over medium heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook until browned. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Step 2: In the same pan, add the onions and bell peppers. Cook until softened. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Step 3: Add the rice to the pan and stir to coat it with the oil and vegetables. Add the saffron, paprika, and salt. Stir well.
- Step 4: Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Add the cooked chicken back to the pan. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Step 5: Add the prawns and mussels to the pan, arranging them on top of the rice. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and the seafood is heated through.
- Step 6: Remove the paella from heat and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. Serve hot.