About the Dish:
Lomo Saltado is a traditional Peruvian dish, popular in both Peru and other parts of the world. It is a stir-fry dish that combines marinated strips of beef with onions, tomatoes, and other flavorful ingredients. The dish is typically served with rice and French fries, creating a delicious and satisfying meal.
|Soy Sauce||3 tablespoons|
|Vegetable Oil||2 tablespoons|
|Black Pepper||To taste|
- Step 1: Start by marinating the beef strips in a mixture of soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Let it marinate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat.
- Step 2: Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add the marinated beef strips and stir-fry until they are browned and cooked through. Remove the beef from the skillet and set it aside.
- Step 3: In the same skillet, add the sliced onions and tomatoes. Stir-fry them for a few minutes until they are slightly softened.
- Step 4: Return the cooked beef to the skillet and toss it together with the onions and tomatoes. Cook for another couple of minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Step 5: Serve the Lomo Saltado hot with a side of rice and French fries. Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired. Enjoy!