About the Dish:
Lomo Saltado is a popular Peruvian stir-fry dish that combines marinated strips of beef with onions, tomatoes, and french fries. It is typically served with rice and is known for its bold flavors and unique fusion of Peruvian and Chinese cuisines.
|Beef Sirloin||1 lb|
|Soy Sauce||2 tbsp|
|Oyster Sauce||2 tbsp|
|Black Pepper||To taste|
- Step 1: In a bowl, marinate the beef sirloin with soy sauce, vinegar, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Step 2: Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add the marinated beef and cook until browned. Remove the beef from the skillet and set aside.
- Step 3: In the same skillet, add the onions and cook until they start to soften. Add the tomatoes and cook for a few more minutes.
- Step 4: Add the cooked beef back to the skillet along with the oyster sauce. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Step 5: Meanwhile, fry the french fries until crispy and golden brown.
- Step 6: Serve the lomo saltado hot, topped with the french fries and accompanied by rice.