About the Dish:
Goulash is a traditional Hungarian dish that is rich in flavor and often enjoyed during the colder months. This hearty stew is made with tender beef, onions, paprika, and a variety of vegetables. The combination of spices and long cooking time creates a dish that is both comforting and full of depth. Serve this Goulash with crusty bread or noodles for a complete meal that will warm you up from the inside out.
|Red Bell Pepper||1|
|Tomatoes||2 cups, diced|
|Beef Broth||4 cups|
- Step 1: In a large pot, heat some oil over medium heat. Add the beef and cook until browned on all sides. Remove the beef from the pot and set it aside.
- Step 2: In the same pot, add the onions and bell pepper. Cook until the onions are translucent and the bell pepper is softened. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Step 3: Add the paprika to the pot and stir well to coat the onions and bell pepper. Return the beef to the pot and add the diced tomatoes, beef broth, bay leaves, salt, and pepper.
- Step 4: Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and simmer for 1-2 hours, or until the beef is tender.
- Step 5: While the stew is simmering, peel and dice the carrots and potatoes. Add them to the pot and continue simmering until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Step 6: Once the stew is ready, taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. Serve hot with crusty bread or noodles.