About the Dish:
Pad Thai is a popular Thai stir-fried noodle dish made with rice noodles, eggs, tofu, shrimp, peanuts, and a tangy sauce. It is a flavorful and satisfying dish that combines sweet, sour, and savory flavors. The dish originated in Thailand but has gained popularity worldwide for its delicious taste and versatility. Pad Thai is commonly garnished with fresh lime, bean sprouts, and cilantro, adding a refreshing and aromatic touch to the dish.
|Rice noodles||8 oz|
|Tofu, cubed||8 oz|
|Shrimp, peeled and deveined||8 oz|
|Peanuts, crushed||1/4 cup|
- Step 1: Soak the rice noodles in hot water for about 10 minutes or until they are soft and pliable. Drain and set aside.
- Step 2: Heat a tablespoon of oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium heat. Add the beaten eggs and scramble them until they are cooked through. Remove the eggs from the pan and set aside.
- Step 3: In the same pan, add another tablespoon of oil. Add the cubed tofu and cook until it is golden and crispy on all sides. Remove the tofu from the pan and set aside.
- Step 4: Add the shrimp to the pan and cook until they are pink and cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Step 5: In the same pan, add the soaked rice noodles and stir-fry for a few minutes until they are heated through.
- Step 6: Add the cooked eggs, tofu, and shrimp back to the pan with the noodles. Pour the sauce over everything and stir-fry for another minute until everything is well-coated and heated through.
- Step 7: Serve the Pad Thai garnished with crushed peanuts and fresh lime wedges. Enjoy!