About the Dish:
Japchae is a popular Korean dish made with glass noodles (made from sweet potato starch), various vegetables, and thinly sliced beef. The noodles are stir-fried with a savory sauce made from soy sauce, sesame oil, and sugar, giving it a deliciously sweet and savory flavor. This dish is often served as a side dish or as a main course.
|Beef (thinly sliced)||200g|
|Carrot (julienne)||1 large|
|Onion (sliced)||1 medium|
|Bell pepper (sliced)||1 medium|
|Garlic (minced)||3 cloves|
|Soy sauce||3 tablespoons|
|Sesame oil||2 tablespoons|
- Step 1: Cook the glass noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- Step 2: In a large pan or wok, heat some oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Step 3: In the same pan, add more oil if needed and sauté the garlic until fragrant. Add the onion, carrot, and bell pepper. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Step 4: Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Return the beef to the pan.
- Step 5: In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, and sugar until well combined. Pour the sauce over the ingredients in the pan and stir to coat everything evenly.
- Step 6: Add the cooked glass noodles to the pan and toss everything together until well combined and heated through.
- Step 7: Serve hot and enjoy!