About Dried wakame salad
Dried wakame salad is a popular dish originating from Japanese cuisine. It is a refreshing and nutritious salad made with dried wakame seaweed as the main ingredient. Wakame is a type of edible seaweed that is widely used in Japanese cooking and is known for its distinct flavor and health benefits.
The dried wakame for this salad is visually appealing with its deep emerald green color and delicate, thin texture. It is usually available in dried form and needs to be rehydrated before using. Once rehydrated, the wakame takes on a tender and chewy texture.
The salad is typically prepared by marinating the rehydrated wakame in a dressing made from a combination of soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and sometimes other seasonings like ginger or garlic. It may also be mixed with other ingredients such as cucumber slices, thinly sliced carrots, or sesame seeds to enhance the flavors and textures.
Dried wakame salad is a popular side dish in Japanese cuisine, often served alongside sushi or as part of a traditional bento box. It is not only delicious but also offers a variety of health benefits. Wakame is a good source of essential minerals like calcium, iron, and iodine. It is also rich in vitamins and antioxidants, making it a nutritious addition to one's diet.
- 1 cup dried wakame seaweed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Soak the dried wakame seaweed in cold water for about 5 minutes or until softened. Drain well and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, salt, and black pepper to make the dressing.
- Place the drained wakame seaweed in a large mixing bowl. Pour the dressing over the seaweed and gently toss to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds over the salad.
- Garnish with thinly sliced green onions.
- Refrigerate the salad for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
|Dried wakame||1 cup|
|Soy sauce||2 tablespoons|
|Rice vinegar||1 tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 tablespoon|
|Garlic (minced)||1 clove|
|Red pepper flakes||1/4 teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 tablespoon|
Are you exhausted from gazing at your collection of ingredients, pondering the delectable dishes they could become? Your search ends here! Introducing our Recipe Generator, designed to ignite your culinary imagination and assist you in crafting delectable, palate-pleasing meals effortlessly.
Just input the ingredients available to you, and our innovative Recipe Creator will furnish you with a selection of delectable dishes that can be conjured. Alternatively, if you have a specific culinary creation in mind, provide the details, and our Recipe Generator will curate a catalog of essential ingredients required to actualize your vision.Try It Now