About the Dish:
Seafood Paella is a traditional Spanish rice dish originating from the Valencian region. It is a vibrant and flavorful dish that combines various types of seafood, rice, vegetables, and spices. The dish is cooked in a large, shallow pan called a paellera, which allows the rice to cook evenly and develop a slightly crispy bottom layer known as the socarrat. Seafood Paella is often enjoyed as a main course for special occasions or gatherings with family and friends.
|Chicken broth||4 cups|
|Spanish saffron||1 pinch|
|Spanish chorizo||1/2 cup|
|Red bell pepper||1|
|Short-grain rice||2 cups|
|Olive oil||1/4 cup|
|Black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
- Step 1: Heat the olive oil in a paellera or large skillet over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook until crispy. Remove the chorizo from the pan and set aside.
- Step 2: Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic to the pan. Cook until the vegetables are softened.
- Step 3: Add the tomato, paprika, salt, and black pepper to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the rice and stir to coat it in the mixture.
- Step 4: Add the chicken broth and saffron to the pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Step 5: Arrange the shrimp, mussels, and clams on top of the rice. Cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the seafood is cooked through.
- Step 6: Remove the pan from the heat and let it rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle the cooked chorizo on top and serve hot.