About the Dish:
Beef Stroganoff is a classic Russian dish that has gained popularity worldwide. It is a hearty and flavorful dish made with tender strips of beef, mushrooms, onions, and a creamy sauce. The dish is typically served over egg noodles or rice. The beef is first seared until browned, then cooked with onions and mushrooms until tender. The sauce is made with sour cream, beef broth, and spices, creating a rich and creamy texture. Beef Stroganoff is a comforting and satisfying meal that is perfect for any occasion.
|Beef sirloin, cut into thin strips||500g|
|All-purpose flour||2 tablespoons|
|Beef broth||1 cup|
|Sour cream||1 cup|
|Dijon mustard||1 tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To taste|
- Step 1: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter and let it melt. Add the beef strips to the skillet and cook until browned on all sides. Remove the beef from the skillet and set aside.
- Step 2: In the same skillet, add the chopped onion and sliced mushrooms. Cook until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are tender.
- Step 3: Sprinkle the flour over the onions and mushrooms, and stir to coat. Cook for a minute to cook off the raw flour taste.
- Step 4: Slowly pour the beef broth into the skillet, stirring constantly. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook until thickened.
- Step 5: Reduce the heat to low. Stir in the sour cream and mustard until well combined. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Step 6: Return the beef to the skillet and stir to coat it with the sauce. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, until the beef is heated through.
- Step 7: Serve the Beef Stroganoff over egg noodles or rice. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.