About the Dish:
Beef Stroganoff is a classic Russian dish made with tender beef, onions, mushrooms, and a rich sour cream sauce. It is typically served over egg noodles or rice and is a hearty and comforting meal.
|Beef sirloin||1 pound|
|All-purpose flour||2 tablespoons|
|Beef broth||1 cup|
|Sour cream||1/2 cup|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1/4 teaspoon|
- Step 1: Cut the beef into thin strips and thinly slice the onion and mushrooms.
- Step 2: In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until browned. Remove the beef from the skillet and set aside.
- Step 3: In the same skillet, add the onion and mushrooms. Cook until they are tender.
- Step 4: Sprinkle the flour over the onion and mushrooms and stir well to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Step 5: Slowly whisk in the beef broth, scraping the bottom of the skillet to release any browned bits.
- Step 6: Return the beef to the skillet and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Step 7: Stir in the sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until heated through.
- Step 8: Serve the beef stroganoff over egg noodles or rice.