About the Dish:
Tortilla española, also known as Spanish omelette, is a traditional dish from Spain. It is made with eggs, potatoes, and onions, and is often served as a tapa or as a main course. This dish is loved for its simplicity and delicious flavor. The eggs are beaten and mixed with the potatoes and onions, and then cooked until golden brown. The result is a thick, hearty omelette that is perfect for any time of the day.
|Olive oil||4 tablespoons|
- Step 1: Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices. Thinly slice the onion as well.
- Step 2: Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the potatoes and onions, and cook until they are tender and slightly golden brown, stirring occasionally. This process will take about 15-20 minutes.
- Step 3: In a large bowl, beat the eggs until they are well combined. Season with salt.
- Step 4: Once the potatoes and onions are cooked, remove them from the pan and drain any excess oil. Add them to the beaten eggs and mix well.
- Step 5: Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in the same pan over medium heat. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and spread it evenly. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the bottom is set.
- Step 6: Flip the tortilla using a large plate or lid, and slide it back into the pan to cook the other side for another 5 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Step 7: Remove the tortilla from the pan and let it cool slightly before slicing into wedges or squares. Serve warm or at room temperature.