About the Dish:
Tortilla Española, also known as Spanish omelette, is a traditional Spanish dish made with eggs, potatoes, onions, and sometimes, additional ingredients such as chorizo or vegetables. It is a versatile and flavorful dish that can be served as a main course or as a tapa.
|Olive Oil||1/4 cup|
- Step 1: Peel and thinly slice the potatoes and onion.
- Step 2: Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced potatoes and onions, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Step 3: In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4: Once the potatoes and onions are cooked, remove them from the skillet and drain any excess oil.
- Step 5: Add the cooked potatoes and onions to the beaten eggs and mix well.
- Step 6: Heat a small amount of olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Pour the potato and egg mixture into the skillet and spread it evenly.
- Step 7: Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the bottom is set.
- Step 8: Carefully flip the tortilla using a plate or lid to cover the skillet. Cook for another 5 minutes, or until the eggs are fully cooked and the tortilla is golden brown.
- Step 9: Remove the tortilla from the skillet and let it cool slightly before serving. Cut into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.