Chicken Alfredo is a classic Italian-American dish that has gained popularity around the world. This indulgent pasta dish typically consists of fettuccine noodles tossed in a rich and creamy sauce made from butter, Parmesan cheese, and heavy cream. The addition of seasoned chicken breast adds protein and creates a hearty and satisfying meal.
It is believed that Chicken Alfredo was invented by an Italian chef named Alfredo di Lelio in the early 20th century. Originally, the dish was a simple combination of pasta, butter, and Parmesan cheese. It gained fame when di Lelio served it to his pregnant wife to help relieve her nausea. The dish made its way to the United States when di Lelio opened a restaurant in New York City, and it has since become a staple in Italian-American cuisine.
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a separate pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Sprinkle in flour and whisk until smooth.
- Slowly pour in milk, whisking constantly until sauce thickens.
- Stir in grated Parmesan cheese until well combined.
- Return cooked chicken to the sauce, stirring to coat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for a few minutes.
- Drain cooked pasta and add it to the sauce.
- Toss until the pasta is well coated.
- Serve hot and garnish with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Are you exhausted from gazing at your collection of ingredients, pondering the delectable dishes they could become? Your search ends here! Introducing our Recipe Generator, designed to ignite your culinary imagination and assist you in crafting delectable, palate-pleasing meals effortlessly.
Just input the ingredients available to you, and our innovative Recipe Creator will furnish you with a selection of delectable dishes that can be conjured. Alternatively, if you have a specific culinary creation in mind, provide the details, and our Recipe Generator will curate a catalog of essential ingredients required to actualize your vision.Try It Now