About the Dish:
Seafood Paella is a traditional Spanish dish that originated in the region of Valencia. It is a flavorful and aromatic rice dish cooked with a variety of seafood such as shrimp, mussels, and clams. The dish is known for its vibrant colors, rich flavors, and beautiful presentation.
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 onion, diced|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 red bell pepper, diced|
|1 cup Arborio rice|
|1 teaspoon paprika|
|1/2 teaspoon saffron threads|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|1 cup diced tomatoes|
|1/2 cup frozen peas|
|1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1/2 pound mussels, cleaned and debearded|
|1/2 pound clams, cleaned|
|1/2 cup chopped parsley|
- Step 1: Heat the olive oil in a paella pan or large skillet over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic, and cook for 2-3 minutes until the onion becomes translucent.
- Step 2: Add the diced red bell pepper to the pan and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Step 3: Stir in the Arborio rice, paprika, and saffron threads, coating the rice with the oil and spices. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Step 4: Add the chicken broth and diced tomatoes to the pan, and bring to a simmer. Cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes, or until the rice is almost tender.
- Step 5: Remove the lid and add the frozen peas, shrimp, mussels, and clams to the pan. Stir gently to combine.
- Step 6: Cover the pan again and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the seafood is cooked through and the clams and mussels have opened.
- Step 7: Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Let the paella rest for a few minutes before serving.