About the Dish:
Feijoada is a traditional Brazilian dish that is made with black beans and a variety of meats such as pork, beef, and sausages. It is often considered the national dish of Brazil and is commonly served with rice, collard greens, and orange slices. Feijoada is a flavorful and hearty dish that is perfect for sharing with family and friends.
|Black beans||2 cups|
|Pork shoulder||1 lb|
|Beef ribs||1 lb|
|Smoked sausage||0.5 lb|
- Step 1: Rinse the black beans and soak them overnight in water. Drain the beans before cooking.
- Step 2: In a large pot, cook the pork shoulder and beef ribs until browned. Remove the meats and set aside.
- Step 3: In the same pot, cook the smoked sausage and bacon until browned. Remove the meats and set aside.
- Step 4: In the same pot, sauté the chopped onion and minced garlic until golden. Add the drained black beans, bay leaves, and enough water to cover the beans. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Step 5: Add the cooked pork shoulder, beef ribs, smoked sausage, and bacon back to the pot. Simmer for 2-3 hours or until the beans and meats are tender.
- Step 6: Serve the feijoada hot with cooked rice, collard greens, and orange slices on the side.