About the Dish:
Paella is a traditional Spanish dish that originated in the Valencia region. It is a rice dish that is typically cooked in a large, shallow pan, called a paellera. The dish is known for its vibrant colors and rich flavors. Paella is commonly made with a variety of ingredients such as saffron-infused rice, chicken, seafood, and vegetables. The rice is cooked to perfection and absorbs the flavors of the other ingredients, resulting in a delicious and satisfying meal. Paella is often enjoyed as a communal dish, with friends and family gathering around the table to share in the experience.
|Chicken pieces||1/2 kg|
|Saffron threads||1/2 teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||4 cups|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Black pepper||To taste|
- Step 1: Heat olive oil in a paellera or large, shallow pan. Add the chicken pieces and cook until browned on all sides. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Step 2: In the same pan, add the chorizo sausage and cook until browned. Remove the sausage from the pan and set aside.
- Step 3: Add the onion, bell peppers, and garlic to the pan. Cook until the vegetables are softened.
- Step 4: Add the rice to the pan and stir to coat the grains with the oil and vegetables.
- Step 5: Add the saffron threads and chicken broth to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Step 6: Place the chicken pieces, shrimp, and mussels on top of the rice mixture. Cover the pan and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the seafood is cooked and the rice is tender.
- Step 7: Stir in the tomatoes and peas. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Step 8: Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Serve hot and enjoy!