About the Dish:
Paella is a traditional Spanish rice dish that originated in the Valencia region. It is a flavorful and aromatic one-pot dish that combines rice, saffron, vegetables, and a variety of proteins such as chicken, seafood, and/or sausage. The dish is known for its vibrant colors and rich flavors, making it a popular choice for special occasions and gatherings.
|Chorizo sausage||1/2 pound|
|Red bell pepper||1|
|Chicken broth||4 cups|
|Olive oil||3 tablespoons|
- Step 1: Heat olive oil in a large paella pan or skillet. Add the chicken, shrimp, and chorizo sausage and cook until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Step 2: In the same pan, sauté the onions, garlic, and red bell pepper until softened. Add the tomatoes and cook until they start to break down.
- Step 3: Add the rice to the pan and stir to coat it with the vegetable mixture. Cook for a few minutes until the rice is slightly toasted.
- Step 4: Pour in the chicken broth and add the saffron. Stir well to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Step 5: Return the chicken, shrimp, and chorizo to the pan. Add the mussels and peas. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover the pan and let it cook for another 10 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the mussels have opened.
- Step 6: Remove the pan from the heat and let it rest for a few minutes. Serve the paella hot with lemon wedges on the side.