About the Dish:
Pumpkin soup is a delicious and comforting dish made from pureed pumpkin and a blend of spices. It is a popular fall and winter dish that is perfect for warming up on a cold day. The soup has a creamy and velvety texture and a rich, hearty flavor. It is often served as an appetizer or as a main course with crusty bread. This pumpkin soup recipe is easy to make and requires simple ingredients that are readily available in most kitchens. It is a great way to enjoy the flavors of autumn and add some variety to your soup repertoire.
|Vegetable broth||4 cups|
|Heavy cream||1 cup|
|Ground nutmeg||1/2 teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To taste|
- Step 1: Start by peeling and chopping the pumpkin, onion, and garlic cloves.
- Step 2: In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté until they become translucent.
- Step 3: Add the chopped pumpkin to the pot and sauté for a few minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Step 4: Pour in the vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Step 5: Remove the pot from the heat and use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth. Alternatively, you can transfer the soup to a blender and blend in batches.
- Step 6: Return the pureed soup to the pot and place it back on the stove over low heat.
- Step 7: Stir in the heavy cream, ground nutmeg, salt, and black pepper. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Step 8: Taste the soup and adjust the seasonings to your liking. If desired, garnish with a swirl of cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg before serving.
- Step 9: Serve the pumpkin soup hot with crusty bread on the side.