Bacalhau à Brás
About the Dish:
Bacalhau à Brás is a traditional Portuguese dish made with salted cod, eggs, potatoes, onions, and olives. It is a delicious and flavorful dish that is often served as a main course. The combination of the salted cod with the golden potatoes and scrambled eggs creates a unique and satisfying flavor. The dish is typically garnished with black olives and parsley, which adds freshness and color to the dish.
|Black olives||1/2 cup|
- Step 1: Soak the salted cod in water for 24 hours, changing the water every 6-8 hours to remove the excess salt.
- Step 2: Boil the cod in water for 10 minutes, then remove the skin and bones and shred the fish into small pieces.
- Step 3: Peel and cut the potatoes into thin strips. Rinse them in water to remove excess starch.
- Step 4: In a large frying pan, heat olive oil and sauté the sliced onion until golden brown.
- Step 5: Add the shredded cod and cooked potatoes to the pan and mix well.
- Step 6: In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Pour the beaten eggs over the cod and potatoes, stirring gently to combine.
- Step 7: Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are cooked and slightly creamy.
- Step 8: Garnish the dish with black olives and chopped parsley before serving.