Bacalhau à Gomes de Sá
About the Dish:
Bacalhau à Gomes de Sá is a traditional Portuguese dish made with salted codfish, potatoes, onions, eggs, olives, and olive oil. It is a hearty and flavorful dish that is popular in Portugal. The salted codfish is soaked overnight to remove the excess salt, then cooked with potatoes and onions. The dish is typically garnished with olives and served with a drizzle of olive oil. It is a filling and satisfying meal that showcases the rich flavors of Portuguese cuisine.
|Olive oil||4 tbsp|
- Step 1: Soak the salted codfish overnight in water to remove excess salt. Drain and rinse the codfish before using.
- Step 2: Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices. Boil the potato slices in salted water until they are tender. Drain and set aside.
- Step 3: In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the sliced onions and sauté until they are softened and translucent.
- Step 4: Add the codfish to the frying pan and cook for a few minutes, breaking it into smaller pieces with a spatula.
- Step 5: Add the boiled potato slices to the frying pan and stir gently to combine with the codfish and onions.
- Step 6: In a separate pot, boil the eggs until they are hard-boiled. Peel and slice the eggs.
- Step 7: Arrange the codfish and potato mixture on a serving dish. Garnish with the sliced eggs and olives.
- Step 8: Drizzle the dish with olive oil and serve hot. Enjoy!