Carne de Porco à Alentejana
About the Dish:
Carne de Porco à Alentejana is a traditional Portuguese dish from the region of Alentejo. It is a combination of tender pork and clams cooked in a flavorful sauce. The dish is known for its contrasting flavors and textures, with the tender meat complementing the briny flavor of the clams. It is often served with fries or rice, and is a popular choice in Portuguese restaurants.
|Olive oil||4 tablespoons|
- Step 1: Cut the pork tenderloin into bite-sized chunks and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2: In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and bay leaves and sauté until fragrant.
- Step 3: Add the pork to the pan and cook until browned on all sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Step 4: In the same pan, add the clams and white wine. Cover and cook until the clams open, discarding any that do not open.
- Step 5: Return the pork to the pan and add cilantro. Stir well to combine and simmer for a few minutes until the flavors meld together.
- Step 6: Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed. Serve hot with fries or rice.